This Valentine’s Day, take some time to build unity with your sweetheart by tackling a fun home project. Working together to create something new is a great way to spend the holiday. Check out some of these simple DIY projects that can be accomplished in one day.
1. Revamp the Bedroom
Take a look around your bedroom and tackle a project or two that will bring new life to your getaway spot.
- Picture Collage- Use an old wooden shutter to create a picture collage of special moments from your relationship. Paint the shutter a complimenting color and arrange the pictures in a decorative way.
- Wall Art- Glue small wood letters onto a blank canvas into phrases of love or endearment for your loved one. Spray the entire surface of the the canvas and letters with a light color, such as off white or yellow.
2. Ambient Lighting:
Hanging ambient light around your home can cast a romantic glow on your Valentine’s Day weekend.
- LED Picture- paint a canvas board with a dark solid color. Use an ice pick to poke holes into the canvas in the shape of your desired design. With white LED lights, poke the bulbs through the holes.
- Bulbs- Change the bulbs out in table lamps to red or blue to cast a beautiful shade onto the wall.
3. Spruce up the Entryway:
Make the front doorway of your love filled home inviting and completely stand out to the neighborhood.
- Paint- Pick a bright color to paint your front door, such as red or blue. Paint crossbars white for an added dimension.
- Plant Stand- If you have a covered entryway, paint a bookcase with the same paint as the door, and use for a potted flower and herb stand.